For browsers and other user agents that support them, we have implemented techniques from the Accessibility for Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) to label semantic sections of the website.
Text and Images
In most modern browsers the text sizing is set relatively using rems, so should be readable at various font size settings. Most images used on this website have a descriptive alt attribute.
Most desktop web browsers support the use of Access Keys. These enable a user to jump to specific pages, or to specific sections of a page, by using key combinations instead of mouse-clicks.
This website uses the following access keys:
- Access key S: Sitemap
Using Access Keys
- Internet Explorer: Hold down the ALT key, press the access key, release both keys then press ENTER
- Chrome (PC): Hold down the ALT key and press the access key
- Firefox (PC): Hold down the ALT key and press the access key
- Firefox (Mac): Hold down the CTRL key and press the access key
- Safari (PC): Hold down the ALT key and press the access key
- Safari (Mac): Hold down the CTRL key and press the access key
- Opera: Press the Shift and Escape keys together to bring up the menu, then press the appropriate access key
While we have attempted to make the Carbon360 website as user-friendly as possible, we know it is always possible to improve. If you have any comments or suggestions as to how we could improve our site, please contact us.